Nowadays, super green supplements are a great way to boost vegetable intake. However, how can you choose the best greens powder with many available options?
In this article, I’ll compare the benefits of the top 8 green powder supplements to understand what makes them the best.
Top 3 Green Powder Supplements (Quick Comparison)
* Serving Size: Serving size is important here, Supergreen Tonik contains 35% more ingredient amounts than Bulletproof Greens. Adjusting for formula size, makes the per serving cost EXACTLY the same.
We’ve all heard about green powder supplements. They are an easy way to boost your fruit and vegetable intake.
In my experience being a Registered Dietitian (RDN), I’ve found most people have trouble reaching their daily intake of fruits and vegetables. Nowadays, most people don’t have enough time to shop, wash, and cut their fruits and vegetables.
It makes sense why the CDC says that only 1 out of 10 adults manage to eat their daily intake of fruits and vegetables. (Source)
That’s why green powder supplements can be a convenient and easy way to get all your fruits and vegetables on the go.
However, with so many superfood supplements on the market, you might not know which is best for your health. After all, each green powder supplement has its unique blend of ingredients.
My job as a Registered Dietitian is to guide you into which green powder supplements available on the market offer high-quality ingredients and won’t be a waste of money.
Here, I’ll review the top 8 green powder supplements I could find to determine their pros, cons, and key features.
What Are Green Powders?
Green powder supplements are vegetables made in powdered form. (Source)
Sometimes they are combined with fruits, mushrooms, adaptogens, nootropics, or other herbs that bring health benefits to create a ready-to-drink mix.
Green powder supplements can make reaching your daily intake of fruits and vegetables easier. This can bring several health benefits since it boosts your nutrient intake.
For example, it can strengthen the immune system, decrease the risk of chronic illness, and improve digestion.
Each supplement has its health benefits since it all depends on its ingredients and dosage.
Remember that while green powder supplements can boost the intake of fruits and vegetables, they should never replace fresh produce.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are the body’s main source of essential vitamins and minerals.
So, if you add a green powder supplement, create a healthy balance between them and the fresh fruits and vegetables you are eating.
Top 8 Green Powder Supplements
1. Supergreen Tonik
Supergreen Tonik is one of the few supplements with a clear label. One of the things I don’t like about most supplements is that they hide behind a proprietary blend. This makes it difficult to determine if you are getting the right doses for each ingredient.
With Supergreen Tonik, you know exactly what you are getting.
The formula contains 38 different ingredients to help improve your overall health, increase energy levels, strengthen the immune system, and boost brain function.
There are several benefits to this green powder supplement. It is a vegan-friendly option, offers a 365-day money-back guarantee, and doesn’t contain non-GMO products, caffeine, soy, lactose, dairy, or toxins.
The supplement comes in two flavors, which is a big plus. You can find it in mint or berry flavors.
Supergreen Tonik is a popular option thanks to its effect on overall health, the positive reviews left by hundreds of customers, and its fair price.
Regarding the price, the company gives you the option to buy one bottle or buy in bulk.
If you want to save money, you might choose the bulk option since it significantly reduces the price per serving.
- Provides 38 organic superfoods/adaptogens/nootropics.
- Has a clear label (no proprietary labels hiding ingredient dosages).
- Has 5 different nootropic ingredients.
- Provides clinically proven doses of the ingredients.
- Third-party tested.
- Made in the USA in GMP-certified facilities.
- 365-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t have a travel size.
- Fully transparent label – I cannot point this out enough. Most supplements don’t have a clear label, which makes it more challenging to determine if they have the right doses of the ingredients. Whether it contains the best ingredients, they might not provide the intended effects if they are not in the correct doses. In Supergreen Tonik, you know what you are getting and how much of it. Needless to say, the ingredients come in the correct doses, according to scientific studies.
- Contains 5 nootropics – Supergreen Tonik contains 5 nootropics to help boost brain function. (source) It has bocapa, Ashwagandha, L-theanine, ginkgo, and Rhodiola. These are potent ingredients that can help reduce stress levels. Less stress means fewer cravings (weight management) and better quality sleep.
- Supports the immune system – the Supergreen Tonik formula contains ingredients like garlic, dandelion, olive leaf, and black pepper extract. This powerful blend of ingredients can help reduce inflammation, strengthening the immune system. In addition, some ingredients have potent antimicrobial and antiviral properties, providing extra protection.
- 365 money-back guarantee – buying a green powder supplement can sometimes be scary. You don’t know if it is going to work or if it will be money that goes to waste. While most companies provide a money-back policy, most have a time frame of 60-90 days. But, Supergreen Tonik provides a 365-day money-back guarantee. This means you can order the supplement risk-free and try it out for a whole year.
- Third-party tested – finally, the company ensures its supplements follow high-quality standards. Additionally, it is also made in GMP-certified facilities. So, you know you are purchasing a high-quality product.
Supergreen Tonik is a clear-label formula with 38 ingredients to help you improve health, boost the immune system, increase energy levels, and support brain function.
It comes in two flavors (mint and berry) and offers a 365 money-back guarantee.
I’m getting my daily energy dose from SuperGreen Tonik and It helped me improve my sleep/ recovery. it’s simply delicious!
2. AG1 Athletic Greens
Athletic Greens (AG1) is a green powder supplement with 75 ingredients to help boost health, reduce inflammation, and boost the immune system. It is free from gluten, dairy, and sugar, making it an excellent option for people with allergies.
The formula contains different prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, mushrooms, and organic superfoods.
The brand claims that with one scoop of their product, you can get all the essential nutrients you need to improve overall health. However, since it has proprietary blends, it is unclear how much each ingredient used.
Still, it is a good option if you want an NSF Certified For Sports supplement with NSF Good Manufacturing Processes.
Athletic Greens are available in one flavor.
It has a slightly minty flavor, and some customers say it might still have an earthy flavor. So, keep this in mind when purchasing the supplement.
- Contains 75 ingredients.
- Has some organic ingredients.
- Blend of probiotics, prebiotics, mushrooms, digestive enzymes, and superfoods.
- Made with non-GMO ingredients.
- Not all the ingredients are organic.
- Made with stevia.
- Only available in one flavor.
- Contains synthetic vitamins and minerals.
- Digestive support – thanks to the combination of probiotics, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes, Athletic Greens can help improve digestion. So, the supplement can significantly decrease the symptoms if you suffer from bloating and gas after every meal.
- Immune-boosting ingredients – Athletic Green’s blend of mushrooms with high antioxidant ingredients (like beetroot, cocoa bean, and green tea) can significantly reduce inflammation, meaning your immune system gets stronger.
- Travel packs – one of the biggest advantages of AG1 is that it offers a travel pack. This can make it easier for people who are constantly on the go to get their daily intake of fruits and vegetables.
Athletic Greens is a formula with 75 ingredients. It contains superfoods, mushrooms, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, and probiotics. It has the advantage of being allergy-friendly but doesn’t have a clear label and only comes in one flavor (mint).
Love that with Tonik you know exactly what you are getting; not the proprietary blend…Our family took Athletic Greens for a few years; but always wondered, ” Is the product really good or are they really good at marketing?” We decided it was the marketing and switched to Tonik.
3. Bulletproof Greens
Bulletproof Greens is another great option with 35 ingredients. There are 12 fruits and vegetables, 11 digestive aids, 2 nootropics, 3 vitamins and minerals, and 7 superfoods and mushrooms.
So, in one scoop of this pineapple-flavored drink, you get one serving of fruits and vegetables, making it easier to reach the recommended intake.
Thanks to its powerful blend of ingredients, the supplement can help decrease inflammation, improve digestion, and improve brain function.
However, while it seems like a good option, the supplement has some negative sides. It is only available in one flavor (pineapple), has a short return policy (30 days), and it has proprietary blends meaning you don’t know the doses of each ingredient.
Needless to say, the serving size is very small (7.9g), and since it has several ingredients, it makes you wonder if the ingredients are properly dosed.
- Provides 35 ingredients.
- Contain non-GMO ingredients.
- All fruits and vegetables are organic.
- Comes in a travel size.
- Has proprietary ingredients.
- Small serving size.
- Only has 2 nootropics.
- Ingredients might be underdosed.
- Performance support – Bulletproof Greens contains several antioxidants which can help reduce inflammation. So, adding it after your workout can be a great way to improve recovery. On top of that, it also contains cordyceps which seems to improve oxygen intake. (Source)
- Affordable price – unlike other options, Bulletproof Greens has an affordable price. One bottle of the supplement costs $49.95. And you can save 20% if you subscribe, dropping the price to $39.95.
- Improves digestion – combining protease, amylase, lactase, and peptidase can help break down large molecules into smaller ones. This makes it easier to digest and prevents any digestive problems.
Bulletproof Greens is a green powder supplement with 35 ingredients.
One scoop gives you different fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, superfoods, nootropics, and digestive aids, making it a complete supplement.
While it does have a lower price than some supplements, it might be due to underdosed ingredients.
I have taken Human Tonik Super Green for almost 2 months now. I sleep deep, have been through Flu/Cold bugs in my house which missed me. Energy Level is higher, which has motivated me to be more active.
4. Organifi Green Juice
Organifi Green Juice contains 11 all-natural ingredients to help improve health. It contains USDA-certified ingredients, it’s gluten-free and contains non-GMO ingredients.
The drink comes in two flavors (mint and crisp apple), which allows you to get some variety in your supplements.
Most of the ingredients are high in antioxidants which can help reduce inflammation.
And thanks to its antioxidant properties, it can help improve recovery and boost immune function.
- Contains all organic ingredients.
- Has non-GMO ingredients.
- It is gluten-free.
- Made with monk fruit.
- Has a limited number of ingredients.
- Made with proprietary blends.
- Contains only a few nootropics and adaptogens.
- Has small traces of caffeine.
- Boosts energy – Organifi contains matcha green tea, a powerful antioxidant with several health benefits. For example, it can increase energy levels due to its slight caffeine content. While it might not have as much as one cup of coffee, people sensitive to caffeine produce sleep problems. If this is the case, drink it in the morning.
- Reduced stress – Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogen, which means it is an ingredient that can help reduce stress in the body. Stress reduction can help manage weight (fewer cravings) and promote recovery (better sleep).
- Improved performance – it contains red beet juice and coconut water, which can help improve recovery and performance. Red beet juice can increase nutrient and oxygen intake, and coconut water can provide electrolytes.
Organifi Green Juice is a green powder supplement with 11 ingredients to help improve health, boost performance, and increase your immune system.
It comes in two flavors (mint and apple crips) and contains all organic ingredients.
But keep in mind it contains a short list of ingredients, and it might have some caffeine providing some side effects on those sensitive to caffeine.
5. Vibrant Health Green Balance
Vibrant Health Green Balance is a gluten-free, soy-free, and non-GMO ingredients formula.
One of the main benefits of Vibrant Health Green Balance is that it is one of the few green powder supplements (like Supergreen Tonik) that offers a fully transparent label. Now, while you might know exactly what you are getting, it doesn’t always mean that the ingredient comes in the proper doses.
And that is the case for Vibrant Health.
There are more than 60 ingredients in Vibrant Health, in a serving size of 11g. So, while analyzing the ingredients, I realized several of them were underdosed.
With that said, even though it contains high-quality and certified organic ingredients, they might not provide the desired results if they are underdosed.
Vibrant Health only comes in one flavor (vanilla), but browsing through some customer reviews, it seems it has a strong earthy flavor.
- Fully transparent label.
- Has more than 60 ingredients.
- Contains certified organic products.
- Has fiber, cereal grasses, antioxidants, adaptogens, enzymes, and probiotics.
- Few adaptogens.
- Some ingredients are underdosed.
- There are only 2 adaptogens in the formula.
- Only available in one flavor (vanilla).
- Transparent label – Vibrant Health Green Balance is one of the few supplements with a clear label. So, you know what you are getting. This can make it easier to determine if it is going to supply your needs.
- Improves gut health – it has a mix of prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes, meaning it can improve digestive health.
- Reduces inflammation – turmeric is one of the most powerful antioxidants, and you can find it in Vibrant Health. On top of that, it contains several other antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and strengthen the immune system.
I use Human Tonik greens to ensure I get my daily veggies in my diet but as a powerlifter to support my heavy training needs. It tastes pretty good too!
6. Amazing Grass Greens Blend
Amazing Grass Greens Blend is a gluten-free, non-GMO, and no added sugar formula. It has 25 ingredients sorted into 4 different blends (green food blend, antioxidant blend, fiber blend, and digestive blend).
There are several positive customer reviews regarding this product. Most people say it has helped them improve their energy levels and promote good digestion. But, one thing that surprises me is that most people like the flavor.
Amazing Grass Greens has three flavors for you to choose from. Most users like the original flavor (peppermint), but you can also get it in berry or chocolate flavor.
However, one of its most significant drawbacks is the same as most green powder supplements. It contains proprietary blends. So, you cannot determine if the ingredients come in the correct doses.
- Contains organic ingredients.
- Has non-GMO ingredients.
- Doesn’t have any caffeine.
- Third-party tested.
- No added sugars.
- Made with proprietary blends.
- A limited number of ingredients.
- Has stevia.
- Available in 3 flavors – taking the same supplement daily for a long time might get boring. On top of that, green powder supplements might not be the tastiest. Amazing Grass Greens has three different options for you to choose from. Adding some variety to your diet can make it more pleasing to add your daily dose of greens.
- Good source of fiber – one scoop of Amazing Grass Greens provides 3g of fiber, which represents 11% of the daily recommended value. High-fiber supplements can promote good bowel movements and digestion.
- Organic ingredients – except for the digestive enzymes, probiotics, and apple pectin, all the rest of the ingredients come from organic sources. So, rest assured you are getting high-quality organic ingredients.
Amazing Grass Greens is a good option if you want a supplement with almost all organic ingredients.
It can help improve digestion thanks to its high fiber content, probiotic content, and digestive enzymes.
The formula comes in three flavors (mint, berry, and chocolate).
After trying many green powders I finally found one that has great taste while having a solid nutritional profile. I’m a big fan of nootropics and it was great to see that Supergreen Tonic added them to their formula. I would give Supergreen Tonik 6 stars if I could!
7. Bloom Greens Superfood
Bloom Greens Superfood is a popular choice for many people to include their daily dose of vitamins and minerals. It is gluten-free, vegan, and keto-friendly.
The formula contains 30 ingredients to help reduce inflammation, improve digestion, reduce stress, promote a good night’s sleep, and boost the immune system.
One thing that makes this option stand out is its wide range of flavors. Bloom Greens comes in 5 different flavors. You can choose berry, coconut, citrus, original (mint), or mango flavor.
The company offers the option of purchasing the product once, or if you want to save money, you can subscribe to get 10% off your order.
Overall, Bloom Greens seems like a good green powder supplement. However, it contains proprietary blends, and has a very small serving size (5.4g).
With so many ingredients in such a small serving size, some of the ingredients may be underdosed.
- Contains 30 ingredients.
- Has some organic ingredients.
- Available in 5 flavors.
- Has prebiotics and probiotics.
- Has several adaptogens.
- Has proprietary blends.
- Not all ingredients are organic.
- Contains stevia.
- Great taste and different flavors – for those who need some variety in their lives, Bloom Greens offers 5 different flavors for you to choose from. So, if you don’t like one option, you can always try the next one.
- Improves digestion – the prebiotic, probiotic, and digestive enzymes can help improve digestion, reducing nasty symptoms like bloating, gas, and stomach cramps.
- Reduces inflammation – there are several antioxidant ingredients like spirulina, beetroot powder, and blueberry, which can help decrease inflammation in the body.
Bloom Greens Superfood is a great green powder supplement that offers 5 different flavors for you to choose from.
It contains 30 ingredients to help you reduce bloating, decrease inflammation, and boost the immune system.
8. Garden Of Life Raw Organic Perfect Green Superfood
The last green powder supplement worth buying is Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Green Superblend. It’s made with all organic fruits, vegetables, sprouts, and superfoods to help reduce inflammation in the body and boost the immune system.
The formula is free of artificial flavor, sweeteners, and preservatives. On top of that, it has USDA-certified ingredients, non-GMO ingredients, is vegan-friendly, and doesn’t contain any gluten, soy, or dairy.
While the supplement can bring several health benefits, the formula has some negative aspects. First, it’s made with proprietary blends, which makes it more difficult to analyze the ingredients.
Additionally, it comes only in one flavor. And, based on the reviews, it provides a very earthy flavor.
- It contains 40 ingredients.
- Made with all organic ingredients.
- Made with non-GMO ingredients.
- Made with proprietary blends.
- Only one flavor is available (pineapple).
- Organic ingredients – most of the ingredients from the formula are organic ingredients. So, you know you are getting high-quality ingredients without any pesticides.
- Affordable price – Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Green Superblend has one of the lowest serving prices at only $1.63 per serving. However, with a lower price, it can also mean it has a lower dose of ingredients.
- Reduces inflammation – it contains several antioxidants which can help reduce inflammation. Thanks to a reduction in inflammation, it can help boost immune function and improve recovery.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Green Superblend is a good option with 40 nutrient-dense ingredients.
It contains all organic ingredients which can help improve overall well-being and reduce inflammation.
But, remember that it only comes in one flavor, and it has proprietary blends.
11 Things To Look For In A Green Powder Supplement
We’ve gone through the best greens powder supplement available on the market.
However, sometimes you might prefer another option, or you might not be able to get one of the ones mentioned above.
That is why it is always essential to understand what makes an excellent green powder supplement.
Here, we’ll review 11 key points when purchasing green powders.
The blend of ingredients makes a green powder supplement different from the rest.
Look for green powder supplements that hopefully provide organic, non-GMO, and high-quality ingredients.
Ensure you thoroughly read the ingredient list to check for any hidden ingredients the company might have added to improve the taste, consistency, or shelf-life.
Most green powder supplements come in proprietary blends, meaning you cannot determine if they come in the proper doses.
However, sometimes it’s easy to guess if some ingredients will be underdosed.
For example, if a supplement has a small serving size (7-8g) and contains several ingredients (>30), some of the ingredients are likely going to be underdosed.
And, as we’ve seen, no matter if they have the highest quality ingredients, they might not have the intended effect if they are not in the proper doses.
A transparent label means you know exactly what you are consuming.
After all, when purchasing something, you have the right to know how much of each ingredient is within the formula.
Not many supplements have a clear label. Most have proprietary blends. But a few (like Supergreen Tonik) give you all the information you need to make an informed choice.
Don’t judge a supplement by its price. Ensure you don’t only look for the cheapest or the most expensive option.
Don’t just look at the number.
Analyze if the price is reasonable for what you are paying.
Here are some questions to ask the next time you purchase a supplement:
- Are you getting high-quality ingredients that are organic and non-GMO?
- Are there several ingredients to the formula?
- Does it have a fair serving size?
- Does the company provide quality standards?
- Does the company offer benefits, like a money-back guarantee or free shipping?
These things can help you determine if the supplement has a fair price.
Let’s be honest.
Green powder supplements are not the most delicious. Since they are high in vegetables, they might produce an earthy flavor that most people might not enjoy.
There are different ways to make a green powder supplement taste good. For example, you can mix it with other liquids (tea, fruit juice, or lemonade), or you can also make them into a smoothie.
Now, keep in mind that taste is subjective. But what happens if the company only has one flavor?
If it doesn’t have several flavors for you to choose from and you don’t like it, I can assure you that you will be less likely to consume it.
As a result, it will stay in your pantry, storing dust.
If you are following a gluten-free, vegan, or keto diet, check the label to see if it suits you.
Also, check the label for any possible allergens. For example, some people might be allergic to stevia. In this case, those green powders sweetened with stevia are not the best option.
Remember that while the formula might not contain the ingredient, it might have traces.
Some companies might produce the formula in factories which process other foods. As a result, the formula might have small traces of ingredients like soy, nuts, or dairy, producing complications for some people.
Additives, Preservatives, And Fillers
Look for a green powder supplement that contains no filler, additives, or preservatives.
While they might make the formula taste better or have a better shelf life, research shows they might negatively affect gut health. (Source)
Customer reviews can give you an idea of what the supplement tastes like or if it’s as effective as they claim to be.
In other words, it can give you an insight into the supplement without having the buy it.
Check as many reviews as possible.
This means don’t read only the reviews left on the company’s website (sometimes they only put the good reviews), but also make sure to check Amazon or other websites like Trust Pilot.
The more you read about the product, the easier to make an informed choice.
The FDA does not regulate dietary supplements.
So, many companies can claim their product is the best thing in the world, but it might not have the ingredients or doses to back it up.
Look for companies that have third-party testing. This means the product is tested for purity and potency, guaranteeing you will receive a high-quality product.
What happens if you buy a supplement and it doesn’t work?
Your hard-earned money goes to waste.
If you want to avoid this, search for companies that offer a money-back guarantee. So, if you don’t like the product and if it doesn’t provide the expected results, you can ask for a refund.
In other words, it allows you to try a new product risk-free.
I always recommend adding some bonus points for the one offering the more extended money-back guarantee policy. Remember that a supplement might take some time to have the desired effects.
So, the more time you have to try the product, the easier it will be to determine its effectiveness.
This is why with Supergreen Tonik, we offer a 365-day money-back guarantee.
Finally, look at the company’s policies to understand what you can get if unsatisfied with the product.
Some companies offer a full refund policy (minus the shipping expenses), which seems like a pretty good deal.
However, other companies only offer a refund if you follow specific guidelines.
If you don’t like what the company has to offer regarding its refund policies, maybe you should look for another option.
Why We Recommend Supergreen Tonik
After taking a closer look at all of the best green powder supplements in the market, there is no doubt that Supergreen Tonik is the best one.
So, what makes Supergreen Tonik stand out from the rest of the green powder supplements?
- 38 different ingredients – the formula provides organic greens, nootropics, and immune-boosting ingredients. While it might have fewer ingredients than other supplements, it comes in clinically proven doses.
- Full transparent label – unlike other supplements, you know what you are getting. You don’t have to guess if they come in the proper doses, you can check the label.
- Available in two flavors – most green powder supplements come in only one flavor. Supergreen Tonik comes in two delicious flavors: mint and berry. In addition, most green powder supplements are not the tastiest. However, according to customer reviews, Supergreen Tonik is one of the best-tasting supplements.
- Cost-effective – Supergreen Tonik has a fair price considering the premium ingredients it uses and its serving size. While other companies might have a lower price, they also have a smaller serving size, meaning you get fewer ingredients.
- 365-money back guarantee – Supergreen Tonik offers a whole year to try the supplement, and if you are not satisfied with it, you can ask for a refund. This gives you enough time to try the product and determine if it’s worth it (which I can assure you it is).
That said, it makes sense that Supergreen Tonik is the best green powder supplement on the market. It can help increase your nutrient intake, help you reduce stress, and improve the immune system.
So, for a fully transparent supplement with a high antioxidant capacity, Supergreen Tonik is the obvious choice.
Common Green Powder FAQs
Can I take greens powders instead of real veggies?
Green powder supplements don’t substitute fresh fruits and vegetables.
While green powder supplements can boost your nutrient intake, they cannot compare to fresh produce since, in the process, it might lose certain nutrients.
Green supplements should be considered an addition to a healthy diet instead of a replacement.
Are green powders better than vitamins?
Green powder supplements can be better than some multivitamins.
They might contain nootropics or adaptogens you usually don’t find in multivitamins.
So, instead of providing essential nutrients to the body, it can also help reduce stress or boost brain function.
Are greens powders worth the money?
Yes, they are worth the money since they can improve your nutrient intake and provide different health benefits.
But not all green powders are worth the money.
Look for those that have transparent labels and provide high-quality ingredients.
Why do most greens powders use proprietary blends?
One of the main reasons most companies use proprietary blends is to hide the fact that they don’t contain the correct dosages for some ingredients.
But, sometimes, it is because the company might want to hide its formula for privacy reasons.
When should I take a greens powder?
Taking a green powder supplement depends on your routine and the formula’s ingredients.
For example, if the green powder contains some caffeine, it might be better to have it in the morning or early afternoon.
But, if it doesn’t contain any caffeine, and you need to boost your vegetable intake in the evening, it might be better to have it then.
How long do greens powders last?
Green powder supplements can last 3-6 months after opening them.
How long they last depends on the ingredients in each formula and how you store them.
Are there any side effects from greens powders?
Yes, the most likely side effects are gastrointestinal issues.
After taking a green powder supplement, you might experience bloating, gas, stomach cramps, and diarrhea.
However, these symptoms typically disappear once your body gets used to them.
Do greens powders contain heavy metals?
All vegetables grown in soil have heavy metals. However, the amount of them is very low in most of the green powder supplements.
But, to make sure you are getting a low-heavy metal supplement, search for those that are third-party tested.
Can greens powders be taken during pregnancy?
Some green powder supplements might be suitable for pregnancy. However, it depends on the ingredients it has.
Before starting a supplement, ask your healthcare provider if you can take it without affecting the baby.
Brenda Peralta is an experienced Registered Dietitian (RDN) and Certified Diabetes Education (CDE). She is a freelance health and nutrition writer based in San Jose, Costa Rica. She has several certifications in sports nutrition, women’s health hormones, and gut health.