Beet powder supplements are currently one of the most popular endurance supplements. However, how do you select the best beet powder supplement? Here, we’ll go over the top three supplements: Red Tonik, Humann Superbeets, and Organifi Red Juice.
- Beet powder supplements, popular for their potential to improve endurance, can also help manage diarrhea, lower blood pressure, and improve gut health.
- When choosing a beet supplement, it’s important to read the ingredients, analyze the pricing, and read customer reviews. Potential side effects of beetroot include digestive issues, and it’s recommended to consult with a doctor if taking blood pressure medication.
- The top three beet supplements are Red Tonik, Humann Superbeets, and Organifi Red Juice. Red Tonik stands out for its high dose of beetroot powder and its combination with other beneficial ingredients. It also offers a fully transparent label, detailing the ingredients and their doses.
Beets are a popular root vegetable that typically grows in cold weather but can grow in almost any climate. Thanks to its intense color, it offers different nutrients, such as antioxidants, vitamin C, iron, B vitamins, and potassium.
Beetroot powder is commonly used to add some color and flavor to your favorite meals (soups, sauces, and smoothies).
However, there is more to beetroot powder. So, what are the benefits of beetroot powder?
- Might help improve performance: research shows that beetroot powder can help increase nitric oxide, which acts as a vasodilator. This allows more oxygen and nutrients to reach the organs, improving performance and endurance. (Source)
- Can lower blood pressure: also, due to the effects of nitric oxide (vasodilator), it can put less pressure on the blood vessels, reducing blood pressure.
- May improve gut health: since beetroot powder is high in fiber, it can promote good gut health. In addition, thanks to its antioxidant content, it can help reduce inflammation.
If you are convinced that you need to add beetroot powder to your life, you must be wondering what is the best beet supplement.
Here, we’ll go over the three best beet supplements: Red Tonik, Humann Superbeets, and Organifi Red Juice.
We’ll learn about each supplement’s main details, pros, cons, and pricing. In the end, pick the best based on your goals and needs.
Top 3 Best Beet Supplements
Starting first on this list of best beetroot powder, we have Red Tonik. What makes this a great option is that not only does it have beet powder, but it also contains other red ingredients to create a powerhouse of a supplement.
One of the things that makes this one of the best red powders is that it has a fully transparent label. This means it details the ingredients they use and at what doses.
Here is a list of the ingredients you can find in Red Tonik:
- Beet root (4 grams)
- Cordyceps mushrooms (1 gram)
- Cranberry fruit extract (500 mg)
- Turmeric root extract (500 mg)
- Tart cherry fruit powder (500 mg)
- Pomegranate fruit (250 mg)
- Lycium (goji) fruit (250 mg)
- Grape seed extract (200 mg)
- Trans resveratrol (150 mg)
- Blueberry fruit (150 mg)
- Raspberry fruit (100 mg)
- Strawberry fruit (100 mg)
- Ginger root extract (100 mg)
The powerful combination of high-antioxidant foods, Red Tonik, can help reduce inflammation and decrease the risk of chronic illness. Thanks to its high vitamin C content, it can also help naturally boost energy levels.
But, one of the things that makes this one of the best beet supplements is its dose.
While there is currently no recommended intake for beetroot powder, most studies suggest a serving size of 3,500 to 7,000 mg daily.
The problem is that most red powders contain low doses of beetroot powder. However, that is not the case with Red Tonik since it contains 4 grams of beetroot powder (more than most beetroot powder supplements).
Besides offering high-quality ingredients, Red Tonik also comes with a delicious cranberry and berries taste. It is so delicious that I assure you that you will look forward to taking this drink daily.
One bottle of Red Tonik has a price of $77 ($2.57 per serving). But, if you buy in bulk, it can significantly reduce the price. Purchasing three bottles costs $197 ($65.67 per bottle or $2.19 per serving), and buying six bottles costs $337 ($56.17 per bottle or $1.87 per serving).
10% OFF with code:
- Third-party tested
- Made in the USA
- Contains 4 grams of beetroot powder
- Offers a 365-money back guarantee
- Fully transparent label
- Doesn’t have travel packets
- Can be pricey
One of the benefits of this supplement is that it only contains beets as its main ingredient. Here is a list of the ingredients of Superbeets:
- Non-GMO beetroot powder
- Non-GMO beetroot powder (fermented)
- Malic acid
- Magnesium ascorbate
- Natural black cherry flavor
- Stevia leaf extract
As mentioned, beetroot powder can help increase nitric oxide, promoting better heart health, performance, and gut health.
However, one of the biggest drawbacks of Superbeets is that it comes in proprietary blends, meaning we cannot fully determine how much beetroot powder you are getting at each dose. While the serving size is 5 grams, we cannot fully determine how much of the serving is from beetroot since it contains other minor ingredients.
You can find this delicious supplement in cherry or apple flavors. So, there is some variety for you to choose from.
The company offers different prices depending on how many bottles you purchase or if you enter their subscription delivery system. Here are the prices for Superbeets.
- One-time purchase
- One bottle: $39.95 ($1.33 per serving)
- Three bottles: $32.67 per bottle ($1.09 per serving)
- Six bottles: $30.33 per bottle ($1.01 per serving)
- Subscription service
- One bottle: $33.96 ($1.13 per serving)
- Three bottles: $27.77 per bottle ($0.92 per serving)
- Six bottles: $25.78 per bottle ($0.86 per serving)
- Made in GMP-certified facilities
- Uses non-GMO ingredients
- Uses no artificial sweeteners
- Offers two flavors to choose from
- Uses proprietary blends
Organifi Red Juice
The last beetroot supplement worth adding is Organifi Red Juice. (Source)
Organifi Red Juice is a red powder supplement, just like Red Tonik, that contains beetroot powder as one of its ingredients.
Here are the ingredients you can find in Organifi Red Juice:
- Antioxidant blend (1.22 grams): pomegranate juice powder, cranberry powder, blueberry powder, raspberry powder, and strawberry powder.
- Endurance blend (2.20 grams): red beet root powder, cordyceps mushroom extract, and reishi mushroom extract.
- Energy blend (2.36 grams): lemon powder, acai powder, Rhodiola powder, and Siberian ginseng powder.
It has several antioxidants that can help promote good recovery, improve performance, and promote endurance. However, Organifi Red Juice uses proprietary blends, meaning we cannot fully determine how much of each ingredient they use.
But, it seems that the content of beetroot powder might be on the lower end since it is in the endurance blend, which weighs 2.20 grams and contains two other ingredients.
Organifi Red Juice comes in a delicious acai flavor, which most customers seem to enjoy.
Regarding its price, you can save if you buy in bulk or enter their subscription delivery system.
Here are the prices for Organifi Red Juice:
- One-time purchase
- One bag: $69.95 ($2.33 per serving)
- Three bags: $192.97 ($64.32 per bag or $2.14 per serving)
- Six bags: $376.28 ($62.71 per bag or $2.09 per serving)
- Subscription savings: $62.96 ($2.10 per serving)
- Made with organic ingredients
- Made with non-GMO ingredients
- Soy and gluten-free
- Uses proprietary blends
- Might contain low doses of some ingredients
What To Look For In A Beet Supplement
While these are the best beet supplements in the market, there might be times when you cannot find one of the previous options, or you might want to see if the one you are taking is worth drinking.
Here is a list of what you want to look for when purchasing a beet supplement.
Read The Ingredients
The first thing you want to do is check the ingredients. Hopefully, you purchase a supplement that has a fully transparent label for you to determine if the ingredients come in clinically proven doses.
If the supplement contains several ingredients, make sure that beetroot powder is within the first three ingredients. This will means that it is one of the ingredients you can find in the largest quantities.
While there is currently no recommended dosage for beetroot powder, try to strive for at least 3,500 grams per serving.
Also, the cleaner the ingredients the better. Choose those supplements that are organic, made with non-GMO ingredients, and that don’t have any artificial ingredients.
Analyze The Pricing
Once you are happy with the ingredients, check what the company has to offer. This can make it easier to analyze if the price is worth it.
For example, if you find a supplement that has a slightly higher price per serving but offers other benefits, such as a money-back guarantee, free samples, shipping, or any other additional benefits, it can be worth the purchase.
Here, you also check for any certifications that can elevate the quality of the product. Certifications such as third-party testing, NSF-certified for sport, or Informed choice are all certifications that guarantee that the products are free of banned substances or harmful ingredients.
Read Customer’s Reviews
Finally, the best way to determine the flavor, texture, and possible side effects is to check customer reviews.
Browsing through customer reviews gives you an idea of what people really think about the supplement and determine if it’s worth purchasing.
Common Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between Beetroot Capsules vs Powders vs Chews?
The difference is the amount of beetroot you can find in each. Chews and capsules might have a smaller serving than powders.
The problem is that no matter if they use organic ingredients or the highest quality products if they don’t come in the correct doses, they might not provide the intended benefits.
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Beetroot?
Most beetroot powder supplements are well-tolerated and safe. However, some people might get digestive issues, such as bloating, gas, stomach cramps, and diarrhea.
Also, make sure you consult with your doctor if you are taking blood pressure medication since beetroot powder might reduce your blood pressure too much.
How Much Beetroot Can You Have Per Day?
Currently, there is not enough research to determine the best dosage for beetroot powder.
However, it seems that a dose of 3,500 to 7,000 mg might be enough to provide several health and performance benefits.
The Bottom Line
10% OFF with code:
Beetroot powder is a product worth adding, especially if you want to provide heart health, improve performance, and get better post-workout recovery. Nowadays, there are too many beetroot powder supplements, and while they might seem like a good option, the best on the market are Red Tonik, Superbeets, and Organifi Red Juice.
Now, what makes Red Tonik stand out over the rest is that it contains a high dose of beetroot powder (4 grams) compared to other options. In addition, it contains other red ingredients that provide antioxidant properties to help reduce inflammation, improve gut health, and reduce the risk of chronic illness.
On top of that, the company offers a 365-day money-back guarantee, in case you are not satisfied with the product (which I can assure you that you won’t need). And, it comes in a delicious cranberry and berry flavor.
Finally, what makes this product one of the best options is that you have a product with a fully transparent label. You can analyze the ingredients and make sure they come in clinically proven doses. That way, you know you are getting your money’s worth.
Brenda Peralta is an experienced Registered Dietitian (RDN) and Certified Diabetes Education (CDE). She is a freelance health and nutrition writer based in San Jose, Costa Rica. She has several certifications in sports nutrition, women’s health hormones, and gut health.